PROJECT DURATION: July 2016 – March 2017
ROLE: Design-Bid-Build Contractor
- John Gramigna
- Kohl Gramigna & Associates Architects, PC
VALUE: $ 1,941,359.00
This project was a complete renovation of the K-12 science building, as well as adding 3.500 sf to the facility. The work included a complete demolition of the existing interior (Ceilings, walls, MEP, flooring, etc.) and renovations to the facilities. The addition include a installing a green roof and hydroponic water system. New construction included all construction divisions of work, to include steel erection and MEP installation.
The project team primarily consists of Project Executive, Senior Project Manager, Safety Manager, Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent and Finishers.
- Number of Subcontractors/Subconsultants Managed: 18 +
- Work Performed by Subcontractors/Subconsultants: Demolition, Framing/Drywall Installation, Painting, Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing, Fire Protection, Glass, Steel Erection, Site Development, Concrete, Masonry.
- Unforeseen Conditions. There was several obstacles above the ceiling grid not discovered until demolition.
- Structural Reinforcement. Due to unforeseen circumstances, additional structural members were required to support the renovations.
- Design Assist. Due to unforeseen conditions, FS360 providing invaluable direction as to construction means and methods.
- Compressed Schedule. A significant amount of the work was to be completed while the students were on vacation, requiring an intensive effort to execute the schedule.
- Lost Time Accidents To Date: 0
- Work Suspensions Due to Unsafe Conditions: 0